Course Quick Facts Course Facts
£690 + VAT
15 July 2021 09:30
This 2-day workshop will refresh your understanding of the core analytical approaches and models of microeconomics, and their application to current policy. This workshop is suited to both Assistant Economists and Economic Advisors. You’ll reconsider the behaviour of consumers and firms and their interaction in markets and explore standard consumer choice theory and more recent behavioural approaches. Other topics under review are: perfectly competitive, monopolistic and oligopolistic market structures, welfare economics, and health and education policy.
1. Introduction and Overview
5. Welfare Economics 1: Efficiency
6. Welfare Economics 2: Equity
7. Market Failure and Microeconomic Policy: Monopoly Power, Public Goods, Tax/Subsidy Distortions and Externalities
8. Asymmetric Information: Moral Hazard, Adverse Selection, Signaling and Screening
Extremely well presented.
Very good, clear and interesting.
A very good refresher of key Micro themes. I would 100% recommend this course.
The content was very comprehensive and there was just the right amount of detail given in each area.