Course Quick Facts Course Facts
5 half-days (online: March 2022)
Cost per course: £825 + VAT
Learning Outcomes Outcomes
- Identify and understand key concepts and tools of macroeconomics and microeconomics.
- Understand and explain how markets work.
- Identify key variables of the macroeconomy: unemployment, inflation, growth, trade and balance of payments.
- Understand the causes and consequences of inflation and unemployment, and identify policies designed to address these.
- Identify sources, causes and consequences of market failure and consider options open to Government in addressing this, across a number of sectors.
- Appreciate the current macroeconomic context and anticipate the challenges of the economic and business cycle over the next decade, with a focus on policies for economic growth.
- Consider the causes, extent and impact of inequality in the UK, and links with economic growth.
- Understand economics content in the media, in reports and in other non-specialist contexts.
- Use a broad understanding of the theoretical framework and empirical evidence that informs current government policy and public debate.
- Develop an awareness of the latest economic thinking and its role in shaping UK Government policy.
This training course was one of the most useful courses I have been on. I use the learning on a regular basis in my work and life. Thank you.
In eight years as a civil servant, this is the best training I have undertaken in terms of stretch, delivery and content.
An excellent course. We covered lots of economics and the trainer helped us to relate it to policy at every step. This is going to make a real difference to my work.
Everyone in the UK Civil Service should take this course.